Caspian

Blue Buffalo dog food?

I am thinking about changing my dogs food to Blue Buffalo. Should I? Does anyone know a cheaper brand that has no chicken and grain.

Asked by Caspian on May 14th 2013 Tagged nochicken, nograin, cheap, food, help in Pet Food

Answers

I don't know how much Blue Buffalo costs. Have you looked at California Natural? They have a grain free choice.

Almost every dog food manufacturer now has a no chicken no grain formula. BUT, you do need to read the small print on the ingredients list...many of them are using chicken fat or mixed poultry fat, or poultry meal, or poultry digest, all of which negate the no chicken part!
Tractor Supply carries TOTW, and their own brand, For Health, both of which come in no chicken, no grain formulas and both of which are reasonably priced and decent foods.

Merrick is a pretty good dog food, you can get a 35/38 pound bag for about $50

Check out Natural Choice Grain Free (dark purple shiny bags). It is made by Nutro and comes in fish, turkey, venison or lamb meats. Commercials can be misleading, so it's best to figure out what's best for your dog's health rather than jumping on the popular food-of-the-moment bandwagon. Cheers, Tasha (I eat the NC Grain Free venison)...