Black Pimple looking thing on dog's coat

My dog has a big black pimple wart looking thing that has gotten bigger on his back. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Asked by Member 604175 on Mar 6th 2008 Tagged pimplewart in Health & Wellness

Answers

No, but it sounds like a cancerous tumor to me. Your best bet is the see the vet! (Hey, that rhymed!)

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you

It's hard to tell wether things are cancer or just a benign mass.the best thing to do is have your Vet take a look at it and see what he/she has to say.It's best to have it looked at before it gets to big so that the Vet can get it off before spreading. Haus has a simialar pimple like thing on his back but it is nothing to worry about.it has been there for 8 years and has never grown,bled or looked any different so I just leave it alone. But check with your Vet ASAP

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you answered on 3/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Most lumps are benign, but there is a chance they can be serious, and all bumps should be evaluated by a vet.

How black is it? I ask because even a dark pink, dark brown or black lump can actually be a tick.

Kobi

you should really take your dog to the vet it could really be a cancerous tumor ....hopefully not!

Kobi answered on 3/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer