Barking problem

I own a rough collie puppy who is about 8 months old and recently she started barking excessively. She lives in our yard and our fence towards the street is not solid so she can see everything that is going on there. The main problem is with the front neighbor, every time Fido sees their car or the neighbor she starts barking and doesn't stop until they are out of her sight. This is very annoying because her voice is high pitched and loud. None of the neighbors have complained yet, but I'm sure it's because they are polite but if this keeps going on they will definitely ask me to shut her up. I'm worried because I have no idea how to keep her silent. She doesn't act like this when for example we are on a walk, on a leash outside she is very obedient.
When she starts barking all I can do is approach her and calm her down, but she usually starts over in a few minutes. When the front neighbor spends half his day washing his car outside it's like a nightmare. Any tips would be appreciated!

Asked by Member 1180576 on Jul 16th 2013 in Barking

Answers

Contact a trainer immediately.

BELLA

Mate, i am in the same boat, I have a 2 years old female Lab and though very adore able in all respects but this barking is on my nerves. She barks on every odd looking thing or person. Whenever gate bell rings she starts barking till some one opens the gate and she sees the guest and had greeted him by jumping on him. It is very embarrassing. I am thinking of buying a snout muzzle but it looks very cruel. If I could not find a solution I will have to muzzle her. Pl let me know if find a cure for this issue.
nic1611@gmail.com

BELLA answered on 3/13/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer