Apollo

At what age should dogs stop teething, and when do their adult teeth set in. I know Apollo still has some baby teeth.

He is a German Shepherd/Husky. How can you tell if his adult teeth have already set in.

Asked by Apollo on May 27th 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Aaleai Marie Gammell

My aaleai is a big girl now, you just have to look at your dogs teeth regularly, to see if they are missing any..you should find little baby teeth around your home..unless he swallows them, most dogs do.. you won't be able to tell a difference right now because he still growing...they grow with the dog, once he done growing the teeth will the size they should be.. just make sure to look in your dogs mouth, and compare both sides, you will be able to see the full teeth growing in and breaking the gums...

Aaleai Marie Gammell answered on May 27th.

Answers

A larger dog like that should get its adult canines at about 6 months. I think they are about the last to come in.