At night when my dog is laying down, she starts this rapid heavy breathing and will not stop until I start to Pet her. D

She does not seem necessary uncomfortable but it is so fast that it hurts me to see her this way. She does not pant either. We just adopted her and she was a breeding dog from a puppy mill. So she is still getting used to us and understanding how to be a real dog.

Asked by Member 388898 on Oct 28th 2007 Tagged breathing, rapid, heavy, adopted, sleep in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Ginger Smiles Primm

If she is around 6 months it might be hic ups or night terrors. It goes away soon. If its a small dog (around 10 pounds) It could be the treacia. Its common for dogs in new homes or around 6 months to have breathing "spasms"

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 10/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Nallah

Nallah sometimes does this too in the night. I think its just puppy dreams, and sometimes you do just have to wake them up or they start to do it more and heavier. I don't think its a cause for worry, but just a normal thing that happens. Nallah will even start to run in her sleep sometimes! Hope she likes her new home!!

Nallah answered on 10/28/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer