Are wolves and dogs the same thing?, well if no then they look like it

I'm just curious.. and all answer are accepted:D

Because at school i was accepted to write an artical about wolves and dogs and how they are alike and not alike.. Please tell me some things.. I cant think striaght!!:)LOL

THANK!!YOU!!

Asked by Member 1002749 on Oct 22nd 2010 Tagged wolves, dogs, alike, and, dislike, fromeachother in Blogs

Answers

Cooper

Yes Dogs and wolves are related, and are actually in the same family! Dogs are just descendants of wolves. :)

And Dogs and Wolves are alike :
In Same Family
Both have social orders
Both need socailization

Unalike:
Dogs:
Size Variations
Breeds
Not Wild

Wolves:
Wild
Live in Packs
Have a very thick social order

Now those are just on the top of my head, and there are ALOT more than that, so I hope this helps you in writing your artical! ^^

Cooper answered on 10/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ginger-  M.I.A.

Well, you could find loads of info in books and webpages about this... But here's what I know about it.

Dogs evolved from wolves, partly through natural selection, partly though artificial selection by humans.

Dogs and wolves are interfertile (they can breed together) and some scientists think they are the same species, others think they are separate. Their DNA is almost identical. Dogs and wolves can also breed with coyotes and jackals, but not foxes.

Their personalities differences- An easy way to describe it is that dogs are like wolves that never grow up. Dogs act babyish their whole lives, and need people to take care of them. Wolves, even tame ones, are not like that. They think for themselves- in the wild, they had to.

Wolves also have some distinct physical differences from dogs. They have bigger brains, bigger teeth, and bigger paws.

Of course this is only the most basic info. You can find lots more out there if you look.

Ginger- M.I.A. answered on 10/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Here is a couple links to help give you some information.
www.wolfdog.ws

en.wikipedia.org

Have a good one.