Are there any other tests/procedures or anything else I can as the vet to look for?

I have a five year old female German shepherd that has been losing weight. We took her to the vet who ran a series of tests. They all came back fine. He advised us to change her food (she’s a fussy eater) so we changed her from Merrick to Blue Wilderness. She has been eating this for about 3 weeks and has not put on any weight. I know there is a blood test that they can do to see if she has an enzyme problem, which is what we are going to ask for next week. My question is: Are there any other tests/procedures or anything else I can as the vet to look for.

Asked by Member 1174956 on Jun 11th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

If you really need your dog to gain weight because she is unhealthily thin, try large breed puppy food. You're not going to see results any faster if you put her on the scale each day or obsess about her being thin. If she did not come from a reliable breeder or is a rescue, chances are she could have come from a backyard breeder and has some inbred characteristics. Just do the best you can and work with your vet. If NOTHING is working, including adding large breed treats to her diet like Natural Choice, you might want to see another vet for a second opinion if you are truly concerned. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/11/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer