Are Great Danes known for having eye discharge or problems with eyes?

My Great Dane, BB, has been having lots of discharge coming out of his eyes. I wipe his eyes at least 3-4 times a day because I feel so bad. The discharge is clearish-greenish. It's very gross so do you thing I should have the vet look at it?

Asked by Member 977595 on Mar 28th 2010 Tagged greatdane, eyes in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

any discharge that is yellowish or greenish is a sign of an eye infection or an onset of upper respiratory infections. So to the vet I would go asap.

Isy

BB is a very handsome harle! No! eye discharge is not normal for danes. Definately bring him to the vet! It could be eye, sinus, or other upper resperatory infection. If he has big droopy haws (I couldn't tell if he did from your photos), he could have gotten something in his eyes. Haws are baically lower eyelids that droop and hang low. They make good pockets to catch dirt and debrie! Hope it turns out to be nothing!

Isy answered on 3/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer