Casanova's Bootleg Bully

anyone tried bananas or peels for fleas?

my downstairs neighbors moved out wwith their 3 dogs.suddenly my dog is going nuts and scratching himself to near death.have bathed him and has temporary relief,butwas looking for natural flea remedies and read alot about banana peels around the house and yard, fleas are attracted to them but they are poisonous to fleas.also read that dogs can eat bananas in mod but do they have any benefit toward flea prevention?was told a while back that garlic in their diet would help prevent fleas and ticks but now am reading garlic and onions cause anemia.

Asked by Casanova's Bootleg Bully on Apr 19th 2011 Tagged fleas, bananas, natural, remedies in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

I've never heard of Bananas working to prevent fleas before, but they might. Something I recommend using is PETfection Bug Spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic. It doesn't contain any chemicals and works great at keeping fleas, ticks, & mosquitoes away. The spray will also help heal up any previous bites he may already have. It smells good too! I love it. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com for more info. Hope this helps, good luck!

I've never heard about bananas either. Garlic in its raw form can be dangerous, but cooked or in its powder form is fine. I tried garlic...meh, I also tried lavendar oil, apple cider vinegar...again, meh! What did work was diatomaceous earth. You can pick it up at a garden store, or some pet stores. Sprinkle it on your carpet, bedding etc. Also sprinkle it on the dog. Don't go too nuts or you'll get a fine coating of dust on everything. Make sure to get it all the way to the skin. One application is usually sufficient.

I use essential oils on my dogs. I haven't seen a flea or tick in about 2 years! I use clove oil and peppermint oil on them. Drop a few drops of each oil onto your dog and rub all into the coat except sensitive areas and the face. Rub the oil on the collar, too.

I put 1 teaspoon of garlic powder into my dogs food too. I use a good quality brand of food which will also help with fleas and ticks. I feed my dogs a raw diet, but they still eat Orijen Dog Food. You can also cut up garlic cloves and put a few in their food which I will do sometimes. I usually just put garlic powder in their food, though.

I use Natural Chemistry De Flea Pet Shampoo when I bathe my dogs. It's the best shampoo I've used for fleas and ticks.

flea repellants can also be lemongrass & peppermint oils. You can find them online at organic places. There is also tickguard
it is organic, someone found it in chicago. But, I found it online. I think I am going to buy some, ticks are in full force here.
some garlic is ok, but at a high level it is suppose to be toxic. not sure.
I can't even get my dog to eat a tiny piece of it stuffed in something.
nana's can sooth a tummy, but I never heard anything about fleas yet?

If anyone tries the banana peel thing, please post how it worked.

"patchouli" and believe it or not "Basil" are 2 of the most effective and natural bug repellents out there.