Braesal

Anyone know of dog food and/or vaccine companies out there that donate to 501c3 dog shelters?

Our area shelters are suffering due to the economy. I am a volunteer and am looking for help finding dog food manufactures and pharmaceutical companies (for vaccines) that will donate or deeply discount food and vaccines.

Asked by Braesal on Nov 8th 2009 Tagged shelters, donations in Shelters & Rescue

Answers

Bella

I know Purina donates food to our Humane Society. You could try contacting them.

Bella answered on 11/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I would contact as many as you can. Also Wal*Mart is very generous.

Black Jack

At the shelter I used to work at we got stuff from Purina. Not just food but promotion stuff also. It really helped. We also got food from Pedigree before that too but their food isn't the best and the dogs didn't do well on it. So it didn't really help anything. I know Science Diet donates food to shelters but you have to enroll with them so the shelter manager will have to contact them to start getting food. They are by far the best company to get food from if you can. Not only do they give you a certin amount of food a month they normally give you food to hand out to adopted dogs too.

Here are some links to help.
www.purina.com
www.pedigree.com
www.sciencediet.com

Black Jack answered on 12/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer