Anyone know a cheap or a free place to spade my dog in Cedar City, UT 84720

Asked by Member 781729 on Dec 20th 2008 Tagged spading in Border Collie

Answers

Rather than risk your dog's health with a cut price spay, try calling your local animal shelter or rescue shelter. They should be a good source of low cost spaying and neutering and they sometimes do that sort of thing on site for a much lower fee. It's important to get a reference from someone who really knows your community; you don't want to take the dog to a very low cost place that turns out to be bad.

Usually, the rescue and animal shelter people are a great place to start when looking for this type of info because they have contact with the vets who perform these procedures and usually it's a fairly tight knit community.

I'm going to agree with Jack. Check with your local Humane Society...they may have a clinic or know of one in a neighboring...bigger...city. I live in a little city in NC (Harrisburg), but the city of Charlotte next door has a couple of spay/neuter clinics that are great and very inexpensive. If it's like here, you will have to pay in advance and give them a couple of dates to choose from, but believe me it is worth it!! (It saved me over $100!!) One thing: if you do that, though, call your vet and ask for a prescription pain killer for your dog in case she/he needs it. They won't mind..they actually understand. Mine did.
Good luck! (and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!)

Kelly