nelson

anyone else have problems with Frontline Plus not working?

i put my puggle on frontline for flea prevention,after applying it,it stops working after about 2-21/2 weeks and i have to bathe him with flea shampoo,my other big dog it works fine,im having my puggle put on k-9 advantix,anyone had success with this product?

Asked by nelson on Aug 4th 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Daisy,  ADOPTED!!!!!

I use frontline on both my 2 cats and my 17lbs dog. It works fine with all of them. I've never tried advantix but I had a friend who once tried using it and about a week after he put it on his dog she started having seizures. He looked it up on the web and I guess other dog owners have had the same problem. He stopped using Advanix and the seizures stopped also.

Daisy, ADOPTED!!!!! answered on 8/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ollie

Ollie has been on Frontline Plus since I rescued him (1 year)... thought all was well until 2 days ago ... now we have fleas. Ugh. So I am going to supplement the meds for now with natural remedies (garlic, ACV and perhaps an all natural flea tablet that was recommended).
Good luck - I feel your pain b/c it seems silly to spend $ on a flea preventative and then get fleas :-(.

Ollie answered on 8/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I work for the manufacturer of FRONTLINE and might be able to help answer the question.
FRONTLINE Brand Products are not a repellant against fleas. The active ingredient fipronil works by killing the adult stages of the flea. In order for this to occur, the flea must come into contact with the haircoat or skin of a FRONTLINE treated pet. Under most conditions, death of the individual flea typically occurs within 12 hours of contact with the treated pet. Additionally, the hyperactivity response causes the fleas to rise to the top of the hair coat as they die, which can account for seeing an increased amount of fleas until the product has finished working. You may need to continue to use FRONTLINE for three continuous months until all the flea eggs have emerged as adults and been killed.
Flea populations are found in the pet’s environment both indoors and out. Oftentimes improvements to a flea problem may only be seen after 2 to 3 months of consecutive FRONTLINE Product use.