Angie

Angie has a lump, what is it?

My Angie has a lump on her neck below her jaw line. She is small and the lump is about the size of a thumb. I took her to the vet and he diagnosed it as an infected lymph node and put her on Baytril and Mometamax (her ears were a little red). He ruled out lyme's disease. There is a hole that seeps clear drainage. I have another dog that grabs the cat and Angie by the neck and drag them. It could be a result of that. (i am trying to find another home for "dracula". For a couple of days it seemed that the knot was getting smaller and it continued to drain. Now it seems to be getting larger and has definately gotten hard. The vet bill last week was $224 and I live on a fixed income. I can not afford another vet visit. What do I do? any suggestions on what this could be? Any suggestions on where I can find cheaper vet care? I CAN'T LOSE HER!!! I LOVE HER!!

Asked by Angie on Aug 26th 2013 Tagged swollenneck, knotonneck, hardlumponneck, swollenlympthnode, cystonneck in Illness & Disease

Answers

Go and see a lower cost vet for a second opinion. Animals get health problems just like people do, and that's why there is pet insurance. You're lucky it's not a tumor that needs to be removed- how would you pay for the surgery then? Maybe you should look into purchasing some insurance; we know that Banfield hospitals have different plans. ^_^