Jasper

Angel eyes = good or bad?

I've read about angel eyes a few times on dogster and I'm considering trying it.. But I'm very worried, especially about ordering something on the internet.

Has anyone out there USED it (pls only reply if you have in fact used it.) Did it work for you? Were there ANY negative effects WHATSOEVER on your dog?

I am very nervous, my dog is my baby and I don't want to harm him.

Asked by Jasper on Feb 7th 2009 Tagged angeleyes, tearstainremovers in Home Grooming

Answers

I have not used this, but I wanted to answer because a friend has a white dog and she mentioned a product called Eye Envy which I know my groomer uses. Jack does not have this issue, so I have never used it. But, both my friend and my groomer will ONLY use Eye Envy because it was 1) recommened by a dog opthamologist specialist to my friend and 2) the groomer says it contains no bleaching agents.

Again, I've not used it, so this IS second hand information. However, I thought it might be helpful.

I think you're right to be concerned about these types of products, or anything that is used near the eyes. I trust my grooomer immensely and I know my friend's dog is like a child to her.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Daisy

Angel eyes is not used near the eyes. Its sprinkled on the dogs food. I have never used this product before. But I have heard good things about it.
www.angelseyesonline.com
Here is their web site which has all the info about them you could want to know. Seems like a good product to me.

Daisy answered on 2/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

we use angel eyes and it realy helps keep the stain away. our dog is white and she had bad red stains around her eyes. i wash her face every morning and keep the fur clipped around her eyes. angel eyes goes in her food its a dry powder comes in liver or chicken flavor. will send picture of dog if needed

angeles eyes is very good . i use it on my bichon and it was the best investment i ever did for my dogs tear stains. i did order over the web from there web sight and had no problems. been giving my bichon angeles eyes since september of 2008 and he is on maintence. his tear stains were gone in a month and a half thats just my dog i don't know about other dogs with this problem every dog is different. my bichon had no side effects the powder is all it is . its all natural ingredents go to web and check it out. my bichon has ibd and he has no problems just beautiful results and much whilter bichon coat.

Tara Scarlett

I just purchased the 120gr bottle from drugstore.com for half the price and no S&H charge. It only has 2 ingredients: pure chicken liver and Tylosin as tartrate. Tylosin is an antibiotic and the active ingredient. it kills the red yeast that lives in the tears of some dogs and causes staining. My dog Tara doesn't even have white fur around her eyes, but she does have the heavy drainage that forms hard reddish brown crusts daily. I was skeptical about Angel Eyes, but someone came to the dog park with a maltese and when I asked how he kept his dog's eyes so white he said he used Angel eyes. He said it was expensive, but after it cleared he now only has to use it a few times a month as maintenance. Even at half price it's still expensive, but I was willing to try it because I want to get rid of the infection. I don't know yet if it will work for Tara, but she ate it fine sprinkled on her dry dog food.

Tara Scarlett answered on 7/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer