After a bitch has her puppies, how soon can she have another litter?

Asked by Member 640204 on Jun 2nd 2008 Tagged pug, litters, time, pregnancy in Pregnancy

Best Answer

She will be capable of reproducing in her next heat cycle...Now you should also ask how long back to back breedings will drain her of health & happiness.

answered on Jun 2nd.

Answers

Layla

I'm not understand the question fully. Do you mean how soon can you turn her into a puppy making machine? Your dog deserves much better than that, please spay her.

Layla answered on 6/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

~Emma~ RL1

Layla's answer.

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 6/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Roxie

If you need to ask, Never would be the best idea.

Roxie answered on 6/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

She can be bred on her next heat, but should NOT be bred again for at least another year. Having puppies is hard on the female dog, and it takes months to recover.
And your asking this question shows just how much you have studied about being a breeder. Anyone who had done the proper amount of studying would have already known the answer.
Here is some basic info about breeding dogs that you seemed to have missed:
cookiemiller.tripod.com

Saint Raphael

Please stop bringing more helpless animals into this world. There are so many out there that need homes already and you are just adding to the problem. Stop being selfish and get her fixed.

Saint Raphael answered on 6/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

♥ Jack ♥

I agree with what everyone else said. You have no idea what you are doing to that poor dog. Get her spayed. A top notch breeder you are NOT!!

♥ Jack ♥ answered on 6/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

cordy

you have put your dog threw one pregnancy why would you want to put her threw another one a dog is ment to be your companion not a puppy making machine get her spayed and let her have a life its not good for her if your keep making her pregnant its like a women getting pregnant and as soon as she has had her baby they demand she has another one straight away..think of the presure and stress that would cause.

cordy answered on 6/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

You sound like a puppy mill. All they do is every time they can have a litter they make them have one then they kill the dog after they can't reproduce

Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC answered on 6/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Spay the poor dog. They are not money making machines. Why do people get dogs for sole purpose of breeding??? UGH!

Red

I agree with you all, however in the question it never even stated that they had bred the dog maybe its someone that wants to make sure that a 2nd pregnancy dose not happen, if in fact the dog had a 1st litter. Maybe its someone just wanting to gather information so that they know. How we all jump to our own ideas. Like I said I agree that the person needs to know what they are doing if in fact they are breeding there is no good reason for one litter after another puppy mills make me sick. I hope that you are not one of these and I hope you are asking so that you can prevent another litter.

Red answered on 6/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Wow...I didn't explain myself clearly, I guess. I'm not breeding dogs and I absolutely hate puppy mills as much as you all do. The reason I asked is because we're planning on getting a puppy and I wanted to make sure that the place we're getting him or her from is a good place. Again, sorry...nice to see that people are so passionate though :) And for what it's worth, we have a five year old dog here and he was neutered as soon as possible.