Laika

According to the precious owner, Laika is a husky with some wolf in her. But I was wondering is she really even husky? o

Laika is the newest member of our family. We got her from a previous owner that was not taking proper care of her. The owner told us that she is Husky with parents that had wolf in them. We have only had her for a small period of time but we already love her. we have been wondering if she really is husky though. Whenever people see her, they think she is a white German Shepherd.

what do you guys think? husky or shepher?

Asked by Laika on Aug 15th 2012 Tagged mix, wolf, husky, shepherd, white, germanshepherd, siberianhusky in Siberian Husky

Answers

Definitely no wolf...whatsoever. She does look like a white gsd. But it is hard to tell...some pics she looks total gsd.

I don't see any wolf in her whatsoever. She looks like a Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix to me.

Those ears and eyes are definitely NOT German Shepherd Dog... look exactly like husky to me!!! The shape and set of her ears is all wrong for a GSD, and all right for a husky. And, the eyes are shaped more like husky and are wider apart than a GSD's eyes should be.
I also do not see any sign of wolf or wolf mix in her.

Ra

I don't see much of anything else except a lovely white husky. White huskies and white GSD's are often confused.
Just to reinforce, there is no wolf in her whatsoever.

Ra answered on 8/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

well i think shes a mix of both. she could be some breed mixed with a carolina dog. u should look at some pics of them to see if she resembles any.

She looks very much like a husky and somewhat like a GSD in that her ears look bigger than most husky ears. I don't know if I'd believe the wolf claims, though. Sometimes I believe people say that because they are misinformed about huskies and believe that huskies and wolves are more closely related than other breeds or because they want a dog to seem exotic.