about how much should it cost to get my 70lb lab neutered?

i am going to be taking my 9 month old puppy in to get him neutered but am unsure of how much it should cost - i want to make sure i am not getting ripped off. he is about 70 lbs...

Asked by Member 1000233 on Aug 11th 2010 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Gunner

I think the normal vet around here does it from $90-$130 ish.

There are low-cost spay/neuter programs you can utilize. We did with Gunner because he was a stray and I wanted everything done the most cost effienct way possible. It was $90 for all his shots and the neuter (which was $40 for a dog over 30 lbs).

The only thing I would say is to find a vet you trust. Low spay/neuter clinics are GREAT, but you don't know how good/bad the vet is.

If it was over $150 I would worry about being "ripped off".

Gunner answered on 8/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

here it doesn't cost by weight it goes by each dog , males are $100.00 to neuter.
Not all vet's fees are the same. There is also clinics that do specials once a year, you get a neuter and all the shots in one time fees.
Your dog should also have all his shots.