MILO

a sudden change in my 'blk lab MILO's'eyes(both)are droopy,half closed and leaking,red inside.seems sleepier but acts ok

should i be alarmed? does it sound like an allergy/cold or more neurological?ive done a full head &body exam''nothing out of the ordinary?but his eyes just dont look right....please help if you can,thankyou.kristine

Asked by MILO on Dec 16th 2013 Tagged droopyeyelids, eyemucus, eyechanges in Health & Wellness

Answers

This sounds like it is worthy of a trip to the vet to me. The droopy, half-closed, and sleepy part worries me the most, but the leaky and red inside makes it sounds like an eye infection. It's good to give him a once-over on your own to look for signs of head injury, but since neither of us is a vet, I would leave it to the professionals. Best of luck to you both!

I agree, dogster is no substitute for professional vet care. It could be anything from an infection to dirt to a growing cherry eye. The only way you will know is to take him in, and if he is a puppy he needs to finish his sets of shots anyway and get his rabies tag while you're there. Happy Howli-days ^_^

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

Hmm, a full head and body exam, huh??? And, this exam consisted of temperature, cultures, heart testing, throat and nasal cultures, etc., right?
If he were mine, I would get a veterinary professional to give him a REAL full head and body exam!!
Eyes are certainly not something that should be home diagnosed or diagnosed over the internet. He has only ONE set of eyes and every day you put off a real exam means he could be that much closer to becoming blind.
Get him to a vet for a real exam and treatment.

Toto, CD, RN, CGC answered on 12/16/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Take him to the vet right away so there can be an accurate diagnosis and immediate medication can be given before everything gets worse.