a neighbor has an 8 year old cockapoo that basically lives in a cage barely bigger than itself..it makes all over house.

a neighbor has an 8 year old cockapoo that basically lives in a cage barely bigger than itself because it makes all over house even though they let it out in their back yard? owners say they tried training it when puppy- but gave up..the dog is groomed and does seem physically abused but to me it seems like such an awful quality of life to live in a cage and need seem like a family member- it lives without hardly any human touch and affection.... should i consider adopting the dog? could i train it to appreciate my home and not make in the house? can a dog who has grown up this way adjust to a new home? will it appreciate a new life? or will it feel uncomfortable and miss it's only known home? PS- how will it respond to my two cats?

Asked by Member 1153439 on Feb 3rd 2013 Tagged adoptinganolderdog in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Mr.Maxy

I would report this to an animal control. It's not the dogs fault. It's the owners faults for being careless and not being able to handle a dog for themselves. The dog would be perfectly fine if they left him in a house!

Mr.Maxy answered on 2/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer