a cat scratched my dogs eye what can i do at home

a cat scratched my dogs eye. what can i do for her at home?

Asked by Member 777404 on Dec 7th 2008 Tagged scratch, dogs, eye in Health & Wellness

Answers

If it was his nose or something, that would be one thing. But the eye is very sensitive. Unless you want to risk your dog going blind, you should take him to the vet. Period.

You can't treat your dog's eye yourself - he needs the vet and the sooner the better.
She will need medicated eye drops as either a preventive med for infection and to aid in the healing process.
I can imagine dogs are the same as people and I can tell you a scratch on the eyeball is not something to take lightly. My daughter when she was about 3 lifted my eyelid, while we were playing a game of pretending to sleep, and she accidently scratched my eye. It hurt like heck and whenever I blinked I could feel it. I never thought anything of it, it will get better on it's own, and I proceeded to go to bed that night. The next morning I woke up and the vision in my eye was blurry, off to the doctor. They gave me eye drops and I had to have a patch on for a few days, to rest my eye and keep it closed.
Take your dog to the vet, don't chance your babies vision over something that can be treated.