nail bleeding

my pit boxer dog chloes nails bleed at the cuticle area after being in the cold playing.im leaning toward this being breed specific due to the cold..just looking to see if others have the same issue.dont want her to not play in the snow,any suggestion would be greatly helpful.
thank you

Asked by Member 1147338 on Dec 30th 2012 Tagged bleedingnails in Health & Wellness

Answers

Sometimes dogs feet will bleed a little from the ice and snow. I would just limit the time you have her outside. Also, make sure you keep her away from the ice melt, rock salt. Some of it can burn their feet. Good Luck with her!

One thought for me is to be sure her nails are trimmed so that she's not catching them on anything. And I would probably have her stand in a warm bath with Epsom salts to cleanse them. I like Kalli's suggestion (sp) about avoid salt and melt. I might try this foot salve Ive heard of (link below) or, I know this sounds funny, but if those measures don't work, you could try dog shoes.

www.poopbags.com