Cali

I think my Brown Shiba Inu is actually a Dingoe.. What do u think????

Everythin about her says Dingoe... She has the longer snout and she seems so feral.. It took a very long time for her to warm up to me.. She looks identical to one.. she also does this growling whining noise and snuffing noise to my other dog if he has something she thinks is hers..I have had her fpr about 4 years now and she still acts unsure about me.. where as the other dog will just lay there..Her color and markings are just like a Dingoe also.. As far as I know ahe came from a puppymill in Kentucky..

Asked by Cali on Nov 14th 2012 in Breeds

Answers

She looks like a mix to me.

Leo

Not to sound rude, but... nope, not a dingo. No question. Dingoes don't come from puppy mills in Kentucky, period. They don't come from anywhere in America. They are extremely rare in America (and those that are here are valuable and identified) and it's essentially an impossibility that you have a dingo.

And no, she doesn't look identical to a dingo... she looks like a shiba inu, which has many similar traits to a dingo (they probably do share a common ancestry, but the shiba inu has been selectively bred by humans). You can't identify a dingo by behavior, as all the behaviors you list are either normal to many dogs (whinning and snuffing) or can more likely be explained by poor socialization (possibly because of the puppy mill experience). Any domesticated animal (dogs, cats, pigs, horses) can be "feral"; it's just the result of improper socialization, not something specific to the dingo.

Anyways, it's not a dingo. Read this: www.dogster.com

Leo answered on 11/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

She could be but she could also be a mix of a Carolina Dog or Canaan Dog.