8M old pup. Watery, reddish poop. Strains to poop. Otherwise behavior seems normal. What's wrong?

Yesterday at a weekly puppy playtime my 8 month old pup had a strange poop. It came out as watery drops - not much solid - and had bits of red in it (blood, I'm guessing). He was really struggling to get anything out, and this happened twice. About 10 hours later he had a large poop (though it was too dark outside to determine whether it had red in it) but since then the "red water poop and straining to defecate" symptoms have occurred. Otherwise the pup is being his usual, fun-loving, crazy self. We are taking him to a vet tomorrow but are wondering - what is this likely to be? Parasites? A foreign object that somehow got in there? Cancer?

Asked by Member 1082369 on Jan 6th 2012 Tagged bloodypoop in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Tiara

I think I would have the dog checked out just to be on the safe side. I do wish you the best. Also, what are you feeding the dog?

Tiara answered on 1/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer