7 yr lab, swear a lump in rib cage showed up tonight, dog has slight shake

Lab was good all day, after dinner I noticed he was acting different, I thought he might be starting a seizure but its something else (slight body shake the past 4 hours), panting, eats an drinks ok', I see a lump that I swear grew tonight on his right side rib near his lower rib. Its not a fatty growth since its solid, 3 inches across. When I touch or push on it the dog doesn't care. What ever it is happened today an seems to have gotten worse tonight. Not sure if emergency vet care is needed or if it can wait for his Vet in the morning

Asked by Member 1077883 on Dec 15th 2011 Tagged medicalattention in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

I don't know what time zone you're in, but considering it's morning here I assume that you did indeed wait until morning to take him in. That's what I would have recommended- I've been burned a couple times with outrageous pricing for services at e-vets and would always recommend to wait until you can get to your normal vet if the dog isn't in obvious pain and acting normally.

Good luck, I hope your pooch is okay!

Hope you're all okay!!

Kazba

To come up that fast, I would think it would be more of a bruise then fatty growth. I have had dogs get large bruises on their sides. The vet had me first put on a hot compress for about 10 minutes, then a cold compress right away for 10 more minutes. You would do this 4 or 5 times a day. the warm would break down the bruise and the cold would then start to make it smaller. It worked for my dogs if it is the same thing.

Kazba answered on 12/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer