13 year old Dachshund skin problems. Raised bumps, fluid filled, very itchy. picture inside.

Hello, I need your help diagnosing my dogs skin condition. My mom took her to a vet and was told its "skin tags" which I dont believe. The vet prescribed her some shampoo and told us to give her benadryl for the itching. We now give her a bath every week with the shampoo, but the itching persists. The bumps are very noticeable and she itches them constantly. Please help, my dog and I appreciate any help/advice.
-Mitch/Nikki
Here is a link to a picture of what the bumps look like.
i182.photobucket.com

Asked by Member 1193720 on Oct 9th 2013 in Skin Problems

Answers

Lu Lu Farina

They don't look like skin tags to me...they appear to be blood filled vescicles, though I'm not a vet. I would get a second opinion, especially if she's still itching. Wish I could be of more help.

Lu Lu Farina answered on 11/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer