13 week old american bull dog not acting right.

My dog is a 13 week old american bull dog. She has had her first and second shots. She eats normal. She poops and pee's outside all the time. But lately she hasn't been acting like a puppy. She wont eat treats. She sometimes pee's on herself when she is just laying there. She has lost a lot of energy. Her poop is normal. No blood, not runny, but not hard either. Almost perfect [if you could call poop perfect.] She drinks a good amount of water. Her dog food always has food in it because I don't believe in 3 meals a day. I think she should eat when she is hungry. She is a little under weight though. But the vet said it may be where she is growing so tall and she hasn't grown out yet, but it will come. We have been given her medicine the vet perscriped the vet said to come back in a week. She thinks it may be parvo. But she isn't expirencing, but like two signs of parvo. I have notice the medicin helping but not signifiguntly. What do you think it could be?

Asked by Member 1140138 on Nov 11th 2012 Tagged puppy in Illness & Disease

Answers

What kind of medicine did the vet give her? If you think she has Parvo, then she needs to be at the vet for supportive care. The key is to get them the care ASAP. What are the 2 symptoms of Parvo that she is experiencing? Good Luck!

Did you already gave her medicine? I think a vet is a big help for the right diagnosis of your pet. It is a contagious virus so you better be careful!

Leo

Parvo isn't something to mess around with... a serious case in a puppy can cause lifetime problems. If your vet suspects your puppy has parvo, you need to follow your vet's instructions exactly and inform your vet of any changes in her condition so they can be addressed, hopefully before the illness progresses too far. As someone else pointed out, parvo is also contagious in the early stages and therefore you also need to keep your puppy quarantined, or else you risk infecting other dogs.

That being said, your puppy may be sleeping more in preparation for a growth spurt; my puppy did most of his serious growing between 3 and 4 months, and slept (and ate) a lot during that time. Also, not all dogs like all flavors of treats; my pup is extremely picky, and has no interest in most of the treats I buy him because that's just the way he is.

HOWEVER, a dog should naturally never want to pee on itself, and that points to a serious problem, especially if it's a new thing. Talk to your vet!

Leo answered on 11/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer