12 year old jack russell terrier. In the begining stages of kidney failure. Vet put her on senior diet & one flinstone v

12 yr. old JRT in begining stages of kidney failure. Vet put her on the senior diet and one flintstone vitamin a day. Any other suggestions?

Asked by Member 930911 on Dec 16th 2009 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

K-10 Von Canein

Of course there are: Cinnamon bark, marshmallow, and wild hydrangea to name a few. Kidney failure is most often NOT diagnosed until about 75% of the kidneys are dead. The dead tissue is nearly impossible to replace, without a kidney transplant. The above items will decrease inflamation, and will pro-long the life of the kidneys. Please be advised that marsmallow is not the type you roast at a b b q. I wish your dog the best.

K-10 Von Canein answered on 12/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Sassy

Sassy has been living very happily with kidney disease for 3 years come March. She is happy because I cook special low phosphorus food for her. She also gets a couple of pills to help with various problems associated with kidney disease and daily subcutaneous fluids to keep her hydrated. Not happy about daily sticks but she does get special cookies I make just for her while she gets them!

I strongly suggest reading through www.dogaware.com
and perhaps joining K9KidneyDiet, a yahoo group for a lot of information and help on keeping your old girl as happy for as long as possible.

Sassy answered on 12/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer