Mozart

10 month old pomeranian still poops inside

Hi!

I have a 10 month old male pomeranian that stil poops inside. He never pees inside though, so that one he has figured out. Why does he separate pooing from peeing btw?

I don't know what to do. I walk outside with him frequently and gives him some sweets when he poops outside. When he poops inside I just ignore him and clean it up. In the living room we have two carpets that he has pooped on several times, but I always clean thoroughly after. Do you think he still can smell it and therefore poops there? Maybe I should put the one carpet outside so he smells it and poops there?

I have even heard a rumour that pomeranians never get house clean :S

Can someone please give me some advice? :)

Asked by Mozart on Jan 17th 2013 Tagged housesoiling, housebreaking, pomeranian in House Soiling

Answers

Yeah, poms are known for their house breaking issues... I'd sujuest to try to do what this website says... This lady has been working w/ dogs for 30 years! Good luck!www.yourpurebredpuppy.com

Are you using an enzymatic cleaner like nature's miracle? I would also make sure it is all gone with a black light.

He is getting too much freedom too soon. Dogs who are confined either by being crated or by being tethered to you when NOT crated don't have the opportunity to poop in your house.
If he is still pooping inside, he is not ready for the freedom to be loose on his own. Go back to basics and start again. Some dogs just take longer, but every time he goes inside, he wins and it will take that much longer to stop.